Friday, May 28, 2010

Introduction

Hi there, how goes?



My name is Mariko and I would like to take you on a journey of discovering herbs - everything from basic biology of what they look like, historical and cultural interests, cooking tips, spells, even ideal setting to grow them in! I'll occasionally throw in fruits and vegies for a bit of variety in this very tasty salad :) I'll share with you my experiences of using and growing them, and also handy tips on remembering those funky-sounding, sometimes intimidatingly long botanical names.



---



I am currently studying Horticulture through TAFE which is keeping me in one spot for now. In the past I have gone adventuring with WWOOFing in Nimbin, NSW, and will be off on another very soon at a local Strawberry Farm for 2nd year in a row. Very excited to mix with back packers again and their adventuring! On the occasion I join my father in romping around the Glasshouse Mountains, especially Tibrogargan and waiting patiently for Beerwah to reopen to the public again. In quiet times I enjoy creating art which some are displayed here: http://guardienofthepyre.deviantart.com/ and have outings with other Deviants in Brisbane.



You can follow my environmental tweets @Eco_Fire



I look forward to hear from you your feedback, suggestions and discussions :)



Love and light always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment